Thursday, March 08, 2018

This Is Me



I love this song from The Greatest Showman. 
It's a lesson more of us need to learn. 
It seems appropriate to talk about this on International Women's Day. 
Let's talk about who we are. 
Welcome to #ThisIsMe...the Holly edition.

I am a Woman.
I am part of an amazing family.
I am a friend.
I've been bruised, but I have healed.
I am all the books I've ever read...or written.
I believe in something greater than myself.
I am Gleeful.
I am Clay-Happy.
I am a Solitude Loving Camp Lover.
I am a Wood Splitter.
I'm a shower singer.
I am a Baker.
I am a Cook.
I am Weird.
I am a lover of odd science facts (Schrodinger, Pi Day...).
I am a lover of Buffalo Plaid.
I am curious, inventive, self-motivated and introspective.
Despite what people think, at heart I'm an introvert.
I believe in justice.

I try to see people for who they are, not how they're packaged.
I am so much more than all this...

"I'm not scared to be seen...I make no apologies.  This is me."

Who are you?


Holly

And while you're thinking about This is Me, here's a mash-up of it with Dear Evan Hansen's You Will Be Found...amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Gaby Pratt11:31 AM

    This is me, the Holly edition, covered a lot of bases and neat to read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaby, LOL I have a lot of bases to cover! I hope it gives you some food for thought.

      Delete
  2. Lovely Holly, you are amazing for sharing so much of yourself with all of us. I am so glad we met! You have a generous heart and it shows in your writing. I enjoy reading everything you share with us and seeing what you are working on next. FB found me a life long friend that I am eternally grateful for. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trisha, Let me say ditto on all accounts! I'm so glad we met! And honest to goodness, your guess is as good as mine as to what comes next. LOL I think I'll be claying and writing for a long while!

      Delete