Sunday, March 04, 2018

Lots of Projects from Ceramics II—My Novel Freshman Experience


Lots going on in the studio this term.  Let's see...leaf plaques, a book bookend, made my own clay mix...



I made 39 quilt tiles...it took forever to glaze them all! 

And a chicken mug which was not a success.  I used a chicken rolling pin, but the birds got lost in the glaze.


Birds and tree mugs...I can't wait to see the mugs glazed!







 The first of the quilt tiles came out of the kiln...the rest are going in the gas kiln.

And my first glazed Santa.














 More birds and a Santa...and the start of the mug.

The top Fuhrmann plaque was made by my FIL.  I based some of my Santas on his as well.  I came close to recreating it in clay.







More birds.  I'm getting better.  And this Santa isn't based on my FIL's...he's my own design.  A lumberjack Santa.  I'm pretty pleased with his maul.  (I have my own, btw!)

The start of another bird and a very rough bunny.










A tree Stump Mug.

Tree branch spoons. I wrote a story inspired by them!  Spoons: A Love Story

 These were some of my first tries at faces...
They turned out odd, so I made them goddesses
 Here are the clay quilt tiles...and more spoons.


 Faces and hands were my goal this term.  Someone said these looked like Dementor hands.  Uh, yes they do.












The middle one is my FIL's Santa...the other two are my attempts to replicate it.

Another face.  Still odd.  So I made her a sun goddess.  Yes, in my mind gods and goddesses have inhuman faces.


 More spoons.
 More birds and Santa.  This one's my own design.




 A bit tree plaque.  And I loaded my first kiln!

















Here's my first batch of greenware.



Acorn palooza...different scoops.

Lots more in the work.  My theme for this term was Folk Art.  I figure even my not quite human faces fit into folk art.  LOL

Thanks everyone who's been following my journey back to school!

Holly







These are my "Butt" Santas, based on ones my FIL made.  The kids all want one!

2 comments:

  1. Great work Holly, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia!! I'm having so much fun!

      Delete