Sunday, October 15, 2017

It's all about the story...My Novel Freshman Experience, Part 15


My Hobbit Hole is coming along.  I'm hoping all the pieces hold together when it's fired, but even if it explodes, I've learned so much doing this one.  I've played with a bunch of textures.  Stone, thatch, grass, bushes, trees, bricks, stucco...  I'm particularly pleased with the fallen tree in the back.  

I didn't plan on the tree, but I had that rocky outcrop at the back.  I was thinking about Bilbo and crew going through the mountains.  The paths were treacherous, there were obstacles at every turn.  That's the story I was telling with the fallen tree.  And for me, it's all about the story.

Maybe that's why I'm loving this class so much...because every piece I make is a story.  You might not see my story when you look at a piece, and that's okay.  You can bring your own story to it.  Because for me, it's all about the story...whether it's yours or mine.

I keep blogging about how art (even if what I'm doing might not quite qualify as art yet! LOL) and writing are connected.  This "dwelling" project really emphasizes that for me.  The last project is a narrative piece.  Stay tuned for more about that.  

By the way, thank you so much to all my new followers!  And thanks to everyone who's picked up one of my books, taken the time to write a review, or dropped me a note!

Holly

PS If you missed any of my Novel Freshman Experience videos, here they are...Part Fourteen
Part ThirteenPart TwelvePart ElevenPart TenPart NinePart EightPart Seven, Part SixPart FivePart FourPart ThreePart TwoPart One

PSS. Here's the new Once Upon a Time Video!!



No comments:

Post a Comment